Mothers are notorious for putting themselves last, so it’s time to put all of the mothers in your life first. You’ll find 120 different Happy Mother’s Day messages that you can put into greeting cards and postcards for those you love. This is a time of year to be generous towards mothers. Come to think of it, you should be celebrating mothers all year long!
Mother’s Day Messages for All Moms
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to get all sentimental on dear old mom. We can guarantee you she’ll appreciate the words and gestures of love, especially when they’re paired with a cute Mother’s Day gift that perfectly captures her personality.
1. I love you so much, Mom! Happy Mother’s Day!
2. You mean the world to me, Mom. I hope this day is so special for you.
3. I’m so thankful that you’re my mom. You’re the best! For real.
4. Thank you for always being there for me, Mom. I don’t know where I’d be without you.
5. As time passes, I appreciate you more and more. Thank you for everything!
6. You deserve a break today (and all days). Thank you for always showing up for me!
7. I’m so proud that you’re my mom. You’ve taught me so much, and I’m so thankful.
8. You’ve shown me what it means to be an incredible mother. Thank you for always having my back, especially when life got a little rough.
Mother’s Day Messages for Grandma
Don’t forget Grandma this mother’s day! Find gifts for your cat-loving grandmother or the one who likes to cook you up too much food every time you get together.
9. I’m thankful for you, Grandma, for always supporting me in everything I do.
10. I love looking back on all of our memories together, Grandma. Let’s have lunch soon and reminisce.
11. Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma! Your life has inspired me to always pursue my dreams.
12. You’ll always be my grandma, no matter where life takes me. Thank you for always being here for me.
13. You always have the best stories, Grandma. I hope you’ll be telling me stories for many more years. Happy Mother’s Day!
14. I’ve included a hug in this card for you, Grandma. I wish I could be with you today, and I hope you find some ways to treat yourself.
15. Thank you for teaching me to be a strong, compassionate, and authentic person. I learned from you by watching how you live your life.
16. You mean the world to me, Grandma! You’ve always been my biggest cheerleader, and I’m so grateful for the support.
Mother’s Day Messages for Stepmom
17. I’m so thankful you joined our family. You’ve brought so much love to our lives.
18. I appreciate you and all that you do for our family. Happy Mother’s Day!
19. Thank you for creating a warm and loving home for us. I hope your day is so special.
20. I hope you can find ways to treat yourself this Mother’s Day. You’ve brought so much joy to my life!
21. As our family has grown, it’s only brought more love to our lives. I’m thankful you’re part of my family. Happy Mother’s Day!
22. I’m lucky to have you in my life and my father’s life. I hope you have the best Mother’s Day!
23. Thank you for always being there for me! You’ve made a great addition to our family.
24. Thank you for bringing so much love, compassion, and support into my life. Happy Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day Messages for Mother-in-Law
What to get your dearest mother-in-law? Perhaps a favorite wine or a photo of you and your family.
25. I can’t imagine a more wonderful mother-in-law. You’ve been a mother to me, and I’m so grateful.
26. I hope you have the best Mother’s Day. You’ve brought so much joy, support, and love into my life.
27. Happy Mother’s Day! I can’t imagine a better mother-in-law in my life. You’re the best!
28. When I married your son/daughter, I gained an entire family. I’m beyond grateful to have you in my life. Happy Mother’s Day!
29. You’re everything and more than I could imagine for a mother-in-law. I feel so lucky to have you in my life.
30. I hope you have a fantastic day filled with joy and love. I can’t wait to celebrate you today.
31. This day only comes once a year, but I’m grateful for you every day. I hope you have the best day.
32. Wishing you a lovely day filled with massages, flowers, and all the chocolate your heart desires. Happy Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Messages for Daughter
Mamas can celebrate their daughters, too, the ones who have become mothers. Celebrate your daughter’s blossoming in motherhood with a gift like a beautiful tapestry.
33. Seeing you blossom into a mother has been one of my greatest joys. Happy Mother’s Day!
34. It’s no surprise that you’ve turned into an incredible mother. You’re the best daughter.
35. Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mother, and I’m so lucky to have you as a daughter. Happy Mother’s Day.
36. You work so hard to take care of your babies, and now it’s time you take care of yourself.
37. Happy Mother’s Day, baby girl. I’m so thankful to have you as my daughter and watch you grow into a mother yourself.
38. Being a mother is such a rewarding experience, but not quite as rewarding as being a grandma.
39. Happy Mother’s Day to the most amazing daughter in the world. I love you so much.
40. It’s a joy to watch your journey and life unfold. I love your babies, and I love you. Happy Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day Messages for Wife or Partner
Celebrating your wife or partner on mother’s day is important and powerful because it shows how much you see the work she puts in towards motherhood. A spiral notebook or a piece of jewelry might be the perfect gift.
41. Watching you become a mother has been one of the greatest joys of our life together. I’m thankful to share this parenting experience with you.
42. You’re not only the best wife around, but you’re also an incredible mother. Happy Mother’s Day!
43. All of our lives are better because you’re in it. A better mother there never was.
44. You deserve a break today, and we’re so excited to pamper you. We love you so much.
45. Thank you for being a solid foundation for our kids and me. I’m so thankful to have you in my life.
46. Our family is better because of you. Thank you for being such a loving partner and mother. This day is yours.
47. The way you love me and our children is an inspiration. I can’t imagine my life without you.
48. Happy Mother’s Day today and every day because you deserve to be celebrated for everything you bring to our family.
Mother’s Day Messages for New Moms
Becoming a new mother is a major transition. A pair of comfy, stretchy leggings are a gift she’ll appreciate during those late-night feedings or snuggling on the floor with her little one.
49. I never knew the strength of women until seeing you bring our child into this world. Happy Mother’s Day!
50. I love watching you come into your own as a mother. You’re the light of our lives.
51. Happy first Mother’s Day! You’re such an incredible mother, and you inspire me daily.
52. You do so much for our new family, and now it’s time we do some things for you. Enjoy this special day because you deserve it.
53. I love you more than words can describe. Seeing how you look at our sweet baby makes me love you that much more.
54. I’m so thankful for you, bringing this baby into the world and growing our family. I love you.
55. Thank you for everything you do for our new family. I can’t imagine life without you. Happy Mother’s Day.
56. Motherhood suits you. I’m so excited to celebrate you this Mother’s Day. You’re the best!
Happy Mother’s Day Messages to Friends
Don’t be afraid to celebrate your best friends on Mother’s Day. They’re not only your friends, but they’re your chosen family, bringing you into their world and their kids’ lives. Gift your friends with a lovely dinner or something cozy like a comforter to help them relax.
57. You make motherhood look so easy, but I know it’s a lot of work. You’re doing so great. Happy Mother’s Day!
58. Happy Mother’s Day! I’m so thankful you’re my friend and that I get to be a part of your kids’ lives.
59. Being a mom is one of the hardest and most rewarding jobs in the world. You’re crushing it!
60. You should know that you’re a rockstar mama on this Mother’s Day and all the days in between.
61. You’ve been my chosen sister for so long, and now I get to be a chosen mother to your sweet babies. Thank you for trusting me and always loving me. I’ll always do the same for you.
62. Watching how you take care of your kids is an inspiration to me. I hope to be half as good a parent as you when I have kids.
63. Wishing you a happy Mother’s Day full of joy, relaxation, and a whole lot of snuggles.
64. Watching you grow into the mother you are has been such a magical experience for me as your friend. I’m honored to be a part of your life.
Mother’s Day Messages for Myself
Learn to practice self-love by writing some mother’s day messages to yourself. You might even gift yourself something new, like a piece of wall art to decorate the corner of your house not covered in your kids’ toys.
65. I am enough. I deserve a break today. I’m doing a great job—happy Mother’s Day to me.
66. I’m breaking cycles and raising my kids in a beautiful, healing way.
67. It’s ok to celebrate yourself today and every day because the work you’re doing is important and exhausting.
68. Wishing myself a very Happy Mother’s Day today. I’m awesome.
69. To all the sleepless nights, snuggles, giggles, and heartbreak thanks to the constant passing of time: Happy Mother’s Day to me.
70. Sure, I’ve made mistakes, but I’ve come such a long way compared to where I started.
71. I’m proud of how I’ve shown up for my kids this year—happy Mother’s Day to me.
72. I’m so thankful for raising these little people and feeling so much unconditional love.
Happy Mother’s Day Messages from Son
Boys love their mamas, so you can find a list of messages to moms from their sons. Find a gift that speaks to your mother’s strengths, like an apron for when she’s cooking all those delicious meals.
73. Mom, you’re always so supportive. Happy Mother’s Day!
74. I’m so thankful you’re my mom. I can’t imagine a better life.
75. I love you so much, Mom. You inspire me to go after my dreams.
76. Thank you for always cheering me on and loving me so hard. You’re the best mom ever.
77. You’re the best mom anyone could ask for. Thank you for being you.
78. Happy Mother’s Day, Mama. I hope you feel special every day because you’re special to me.
79. Mom, you inspire me always to follow my heart. I’m so thankful for you.
80. Happy Mother’s Day, from your favorite child!
Happy Mother’s Day Messages from Daughter
Floor pillows and cushions are a unique and beautiful gift for mom. Check out these messages to your mom from daughters.
81. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! Thank you for showing me how to be a powerful woman.
82. I love you, Mom. You’re the best person I know. Thanks for always being there for me.
83. Wishing you a calm and relaxing Mother’s Day, Mama. Happy Mother’s Day!
84. I tried to think of the best gift I could give you for Mother’s Day, and I decided on some peace and quiet.
85. Thank you for always showing me how to speak up when I’m scared and to communicate my needs. I love you!
86. I can’t imagine my life with you, Mom. You mean the world to me.
87. I’m so proud to be your daughter. I am who I am because of your guidance, love, and support.
88. If I wrote down all the reasons I love you, I’d fill an entire book. Happy Mother’s Day!
Funny Mother’s Day Messages
Do you have a silly relationship with your mom, where you can toss jokes back and forth? Send her a funny greeting card full of jokes for Mother’s Day.
89. I’m shocked when I open my mouth, and my mother comes out.
90. You butter believe olive you, mom — especially your cooking.
91. I know I haven’t given you grandbabies yet, but I can give you this card instead.
92. I feel bad for everyone else because they don’t get to have you as a mom.
93. You’re my favorite mother. Come to think of it, you’re my only mother.
94. You’re a lucky mother for having such an awesome kid like me.
95. Didn’t you know? The only reason you’re celebrating mother’s day is because of me. So maybe we should celebrate together.
96. You deserve an award for keeping me alive all these years. I know it hasn’t always been easy, so thanks a million.
Short Mother’s Day Messages
These short Mother’s Day messages are perfect when you have to stick to word count like on a gift receipt. Send along a unique tote bag to store all mom’s books, groceries, and other goods.
97. Happy Mother’s Day!
98. You’re the best!
99. Wishing you a happy Mother’s Day!
100. Don’t forget to take a break.
101. You’re a rockstar, Mom.
102. Thank you for everything.
103. You mean the world to me.
104. I celebrate you every day.
Happy Mother’s Day Text Messages
If you can’t be with your mom on mother’s day, an easy way to connect is by sending her a quick text message. You can always send flowers or a framed print to celebrate.
105. You’re the best mom in the world. I’m so thankful for you.
106. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom. I hope it’s a good one.
107. Thanks for being the best mom there ever was.
108. I love you so much, Mama. Thank you for always being here for me.
109. Thanks for always being by my side, Mom. It means the world to me.
110. I hope your day is as special as you are. Happy Mother’s Day!
111. You’re the glue that holds us all together. Life wouldn’t be the same without you.
112. I’m thankful to call you mom and best friend. I love you.
Happy Mother’s Day in Heaven Messages
Mother’s Day can feel a lot more challenging for those whose mothers are no longer with us. Celebrate Mother’s Day by journaling stories of your mother, lighting a candle, and reminiscing about your loved one.
113. I miss you, Mom. I still think of you all the time. Happy Mother’s Day.
114. Not a day goes by that I don’t miss you. Thank you for showing me the way all these years.
115. I hope I get to see you again someday. Your memory lives on inside of me.
116. Mother’s Day is hard for me because I can’t hug you and laugh with you. I love you, Mom.
117. I’m lighting a candle for you today, Mom. Wherever you are, I hope you feel my love.
118. You’re the best mom there ever was. Happy Mother’s Day.
119. Thank you for always supporting me and showing up for me. The ache never goes away. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.
120. I love looking back on our old pictures, especially today. I’ll never forget you, mom.
So what are you waiting for? Mother’s Day will be here before you know it. This year is all about gifting thoughtfully, not cheaply. Find the perfect gift like these wine gifts, and celebrate the moms in your life. And don’t forget dad on Father’s Day with these sweet and funny Father’s Day messages.